A new headshot. Crappers, sh##, jeeze, poo, and crap again.
In the last 2 months I’ve had a request for one probably 3 or 4 times, and I’ve been holding off on sending the one I have, it’s got to be at least 5 years old. Unfortunately, having had 2 kids in the last 3 years I certainly don’t look like that anymore.
Though I am thoroughly loving my 4 month old Cadence, the torture she has inflicted on my body and face is still evident (at least to me); those fricking black holes for eyes and extra blubber that I can’t stand to look at in the mirror have not faded away yet.
What to do, what to do? Suck it up and submit? Who will I torture with my neurosis about what I look like? Who will pull the psychological ‘me’ to me as a client? Who will Photoshop me the way I would?
Well yes I think it’s time to get over myself and just be with what I am today. Let’s get my trusty friend and fab makeup artist Mia Bouman on board and book in with my photographer husband. That way I can easily yell at him if he doesn’t do the job the way I would and blame it on the baby for a sleepless night.
Ok, so checklist:
- Get a good makeup and hair artist
- Go with a photographer that you can be honest with and not feel like you need to be polite
- Spend a little time shopping for clothing that make you look good in the body you currently have (or at least clothes that don’t all have baby/kid stains on them)
- Book your shoot at a time of day when you have the most energy
- Find music to listen to that will make you feel good (no Raffi or Umi Zummi please)
And most important, a beverage choice to loosen up, gluten free beer in my case.
Excellent, problem solved? Well no, now I should actually go do this. I’ll report back….